Safe & Healthy Food for Your Family from UW-Madison, Division of Extension
Many Food Preservation resources!
Here are some ways to preserve some common foods.
Canning Frozen Tomatoes
Dividing & Chilling Hot Foods
Reheating Leftovers in a Slow Cooker
Is it Safe to Can Breads and Cakes?
Other Food Safety Resources:
Extension offers a variety of resources to help you preserve food safely.
- Pressure Canner testing is available Monday through Friday during the office hours of 8:00-4:30. There is no charge to have your canner tested. We are sorry, but we no longer rent pressure canners.
- We can also guide you to recipes tested by reliable sources, and advice on how to preserve food safely (see above links)
Contact 715-839-4712 if you have questions
Website on Food Preservation: foodsafety.wisc.edu/preservation.html
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 Eight Edition
- American Diabetes Association
- Extension Publications
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Division of Extension County Offices
For many free food preservation resources, please visit The UW-Madison Division of Extension’s Learning Store, especially the Food and Nutrition page.